Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Should I sell my LOF Violet doll? (My Elizabeth)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know, I know- call DPS. But I'm out of room, Marisol is coming, and poor Violet (Elizabeth in our house) and Sarah are in boxes in the closet. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    I wouldn't let Sarah go for anything; she's just too... Sarah. But I kept being slightly uncomfortable with Elizabeth/Violet in colonial clothes anyway. She's really pretty in them... I just don't know. I keep looking at the Gotz Tess and thinking that rewigged without bangs she'd make the perfect, shy Elizabeth, whereas mine looks a bit... southern Belle to me. Not sure how to put it.

    Any ideas? Should I sell her? I'm listing the last of my minis because I just keep not using them and trying to find room in the house... It seems no matter what I do, the AG dolls always win more space from my other collections and hobbies!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 09, 2006 11:07 PM: Message edited by: horsemom ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By the way... to see Elizabeth/Violet in her colonial garb- check out my picture in my siggy. She's the brunette standing next to Felicity. What do you think?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's up to you. I really like your Elizabeth because she's unique. But then again, I love my LS Tess...oh, excusez-moi, Isabel. I actually use a Precious Day Elizabeth as my Elizabeth. She's got the exact same name and looks just like AG's original Elizabeth.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As far as I'm concerned, as long as you keep your AG's, selling your LOF doll is fine and can help finance your AG collection [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    LOF dolls seem too glamorous to me. If I am having a bad day, my AGs look like they are understanding, whereas the LOF dolls are too cheerful, almost to the point of mockery. . . .that is why I never get into the other doll companies, although I am a big fan of some gotz dolls.

    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 09, 2006 11:11 PM: Message edited by: simplepretty ]</font></font>
    edited TWICE because I can't type

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 09, 2006 11:12 PM: Message edited by: simplepretty ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member BohemianMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2006
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personally, LOF Violet is the next non-AG 18" doll I want to get. Their bodies seem a little stumpy, but their faces are down right gorgeous! Their outfits are about the same price as Carpatina, so I don't think they're too outrageous. And those faces!

    Just my two cents, of course [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Violet would look really cute in a kind of gothic lolita outfit. I think the LOF school dress and apron is a bit like this. Matched up with some black and white striped tights and she would be sensational. A little "Lemony Snicketts"! I guess this would kind of defeat the purpose of the LOF philosophy but...... I think she would look cute like that.

    Juliette

  7. #7
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    take her out of the box, she hates it in there and she feels so unloved.....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Juliette:
    I think Violet would look really cute in a kind of gothic lolita outfit. I think the LOF school dress and apron is a bit like this. Matched up with some black and white striped tights and she would be sensational. A little "Lemony Snicketts"! I guess this would kind of defeat the purpose of the LOF philosophy but...... I think she would look cute like that.

    Juliette
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! Ha! I hadn't thought of that! I have a bit of a love affair for gothic clothing myself and have that LOF outfit and you're right, especially with the bonnet and cape, it's rather "Lemony Snickets." Maybe I should let Violet/Elizabeth dress up in today clothes...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by marymax:
    take her out of the box, she hates it in there and she feels so unloved.....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know, I know!

    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    I just can't figure out where to put her and Sarah right now! I'm SO out of room! I have a 650 square foot house and thank goodness my husband lets me have dolls on all surfaces- I have three displays in the livingroom, a doll cabinet plus one display in the bedroom, and two displays in my office nook in the kitchen. I have no surfaces left for more doll displays, unless I start putting them on the stove, counters, and fridge. [img]redface.gif[/img] Our lease is up in September and perhaps we'll find a place where I can have my office/library/doll room again... 'Til then, I just don't know where to put her! I'll keep trying to think of something!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know, they're gorgeous. She's very, very pretty. I think I might just feel bad because she lives in my closet right now. Maybe I'll hold off and keep trying her out as Elizabeth again one day when I have a doll room.

    And I do understand about the really cheerful thing- Violet/Elizabeth is a very happy girl.

    That's one thing I love about LOF Laylie/my Sarah. She has a closed-mouth smile and looks more serene than overly-joyful. She even can look a little sad at times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •